FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

los-angeles-pasadena-engagement-session-cute-couple-rebeccaylasotras.jpg


What is documentary photography? 

Documentary is primarily concerned with narrative, using candid photography. In simpler terms, I do not pose our images. About 90% of my coverage is candid. The other 10% consists of family groupings and portraits, and I prefer to use suggestion to create the "posing" that I’m looking for in those images. I shoot unobtrusively, and while I’m a friendly person, I’ll stick to being a fly on the wall for the majority of your wedding.

Do you travel for weddings? 

Indeed I do! I travel domestically and internationally to photograph weddings. My travel fee is simple: just a reimbursement for gas or airfare* + the cost of one night of accommodations. For international travel, I ask that you cover RT airfare + 2 nights of accommodations. (*And I always book cheap flights.) You might also consider hiring my amazing associates in the Midwest (Chicago) and East Coast (PA)! I love them and trust them 100%. We shoot with the same eyes and the same brain. (That sounds weird. Well, it feels like it, OK?)

what’s up with engagement sessions?

A lot of couples ask me about engagement sessions, wondering if it’s worth it. In my opinion: it’s not absolutely necessary, but it will make everything so much smoother! An engagement session is a wonderful way for us to build a relationship, allowing you to get comfortable with my presence and the big metal contraption in front of my face. You can use the photos for your website, social media, invitations, guest book, wedding decorations… or you can lock them away so they never see the light of day. Doesn’t matter! If you opt for an engagement session I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by how much less nervous you are on the wedding day.

what if we live far away from you?

I aim to thoroughly communicate with all my couples. I want to get to know you! My attention is just as focused on you and your story. And even if we can’t do an engagement session, we could still do a “day before” or “day after” session, which are both excellent opportunities to capture you at your most relaxed, every-day selves.

When can we expect to see our photos?

Weddings are delivered to your proofing gallery 4-8 weeks after your wedding date. Engagement sessions are also delivered via a proofing gallery 1-2 weeks after your session date.

How many photos should we expect to receive?

On average, a full wedding yields a carefully selected 400-700 images. We shoot and cull for the best possible narrative to your day, so we do not share outtakes from your wedding. 

Can we get prints and/or an album?

Of course! I have a print shop service and process my photos through a professional lab that makes beautiful archival prints with a wide range of sizes. I also like to make custom albums for my clients. If you totally know that you’re going to order prints or an album ahead of time (just look at that blank space on your bedroom wall!), I offer an exclusive 15% discount to couples who order products before the wedding.

Can you shoot the rehearsal dinner / poprawiny / full week of celebrations and ceremonies?

Sure, if I’m available! I love to capture as much as I possibly can for my clients. Since every one of these requests is different, I can provide a custom quote for extra coverage outside of your wedding day.

How does the payment schedule work? 

A 50% non-refundable retainer is due with a signed contract. The remaining balance is due 30 days before the wedding. I have also made custom payment schedules for different clients, but this half-up-front / half-before-the-wedding schedule is the most common.

We want to book you as our wedding photographer!

Let's do it! I love to find couples who share the same ideals and philosophies about community and marriage as I do. The moment you book me, I’m all yours. I’m always down to share advice, wedding planning tips, and vendor recommendations.

Note: I cannot hold dates without a signed contract and non-refundable retainer. So if you’re considering hiring me but you’re on the fence, it’s best to get in touch anyway, just so I can mark your date and start crafting your quote.

I appreciate your understanding and thoughtful consideration of my work!

 

 

do you have a question that isn’t answered here? let’s chat!

Name *
Name